Careersmart is an independent and impartial careers website established by Prospect union for professionals. It aims for individuals to be informed and confident in their career choices and decisions.
Careersmart, Prospect, New Prospect House, 8 Leake Street, London SE1 7NN
Any personal data you provide to us is controlled by Prospect. If you have any questions about how we use or gather your personal data, contact our Data Protection Officer by post at:
Prospect, New Prospect House, 8 Leake Street, London. SE1 7NN
Email: [email protected]
Your rights with your data
Through Data Protection legislation, you have rights over how the Careersmart gathers and uses any of your personal data. This includes:
- being informed about any collection or use of your personal data (for example, in this privacy notice);
- object to any processing of your personal data where Careersmart relies on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing;
- remove your consent for us to use your personal data at any time, where you have previously opted into our data processing;
- request we amend any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you;
- request us to delete your personal data where it is no longer required for us to use it, where there is no legal basis for keeping it or if you have withdrawn consent;
- request us to restrict the personal data we use, where you have asked for it to be deleted or where you have raised an objection to our use of it;
- request us to provide you (or another party you nominate) with some of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and structured electronic form, such as a spreadsheet, so it can be easily transferred;
- ask for access to a copy of your personal data, along with information on any personal data we use, who we share this with, why we use it, how long we keep it and whether it has been used for any automated decision making;
- make a complaint to us regarding how we have used your personal data.
Please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website for more information on these rights.
If you want to activate any of these rights, please get in touch through post or email at the address above. We will need to confirm your identity before we can deliver on a number of these rights.
If you believe that we have not complied with these data protection rights, you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the regulator for data protection legislation). The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Tel: 0303 123 111
The information we collect about you
We may collect personal information from visitors to this web site using the online contact form.
|What we do||Why we do this||Our legal basis||Who has access to your data/who do we share your data with?|
|Store your name and email address for any queries made through our online contact form.||So we can reply back when necessary and to monitor common queries.||Contract||The website hosting and development company (Infobo)
We require any service providers who process any personal data to keep it secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Other web sites
Cookies are simple ’text files’ which you can read using the Notebook program on your own PC. They usually contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user ID. They are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular system client and website, and can be accessed through web servers or the client computer.
Cookies allow us to distinguish users – helping the site to function properly - and also to monitor the usage of the site. You can find out more about cookies at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
There are two types of cookies we use:
- Session cookies: these are deleted when you finish browsing our website
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer after you have finished visiting our website, and can be then be used to recall your preferences the next time you browse this site.
Cookies are used for website analytics and performance monitoring, and are a mixture of session and persistent cookies. They do not store any personal information.
If you continue to use our site, we assume that you are happy to receive any cookies. Otherwise, most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies; to do this, check the “setting” menu in your browser.
Please note, switching off cookies might effect site operation and you might not be able to access some sections of our site.
If you delete cookies relating to this site we will not remember data about you, including cookie preferences, and you will be seen as a new visitor if you return.
If you have any queries regarding cookies policy, please contact us using the details provided earlier.
|_cfduid||Used by the CloudFlare website security service to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. Allows CloudFlare to detect and block security threats while allowing genuine traffic through. It does not correspond to any user ID on a web application, and does not store any personally identifiable information. Expires after 1 year.|
|_ga||Googly Analytics cookie . This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. Set to expire after 2 years.|
|_gat||Googly Analytics cookie. Used to throttle request rate. Set to expire after 1 minute.|
|_gid||Google Analytics cookie. Used to distinguish users. Set to expire in 24 hours.|
|SESSxxxxx||This cookie is set by the Drupal CMS that powers the site to track user sessions which will maintain the users state across page requests. This cookie only affects admin users. Expires after the session.|
|Webform||The site CMS (Drupal) could set cookies when you use an online form to contact Careersmart. This is used to remember any selections made. These will expire after a year.|